Guys, I just wanted to thank you for your hard work, dedication, and support this year. Thank you for sticking with the program through all of the up’s and down’s, and for making this a memorable season. 11-7 is a solid year considering our competition; you guys earned each and every win. It was a steep learning curve as a first-time head coach, and I really appreciate the overall attitude and coachability of the team. I’ve had so much fun with you guys, and I’ll never forget the time we’ve spent together. This has been the most enjoyable coaching experience I’ve had in my career.
That being said, I’m moving back to Maryland on December 5th, in order to prepare for the addition to my family due in April. With deep regret, in order for a smooth transition, I will not be able to return to DVC for a second season. As much as I would like to stay, life has pulled me in a different direction, and I’m excited to begin a new chapter. I have learned so much from each and every one of you, and I hope it has been mutually beneficial.
I will leave you with the following advice:
- Write down your goals…all of them (personal, school, lacrosse, career etc.) and cross them off as you achieve them. Going through life without goals, is like wandering through the jungle without a compass; you’ll never end up where you want to be.
- Be a lifelong learner. Learn something new every day. Read, write, play instruments, pick up new hobbies, and never stop exploring.
- Take care of your body. Stay physically active, even when life gets busy. Run, lift, jump, play, swim, hike, and climb. The health benefits will be long-lasting.
- Surround yourself with the right people. Spend time with people who motivate you to be the best possible version of yourself. Life is too short to waste it on regressive and negative patterns.
- Stay positive, and be grateful. Every day that you’re alive, is a new opportunity to create the reality that you would like to experience. Make the right choices, be open to new experiences, and immerse yourself in your surroundings. Follow your dreams, and live the life that best suits you.
If you do those 5 things, you’ll at least be headed in the right direction. Life is inexplicably complex, and is a pretty insane journey; just do your best to make the most of it. Remember to have fun, and appreciate your time with family and friends. We are all living on borrowed time… don’t waste a second of it. Thank you again for a great experience, and I wish you guys the very best in all of your future endeavors. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything. Keep in touch, and good luck.